Wednesday – Saturday Performances
6:15 pm – Gates Open
6:50 pm – Shakespeare Orientation
7:05 pm – Comedy Pre-show
7:30 pm – The Taming of the Shrew
Sunday Performances (Family Night!)
4:45 pm – Gates Open
5:20 pm – Shakespeare Orientation
5:35 pm – Comedy Pre-show
6:00 pm – The Taming of the Shrew
There is so much to do at the Festival!
- Picnicking on the grounds
- Every night. Bring a picnic and dine during the Festival pre-show entertainment. (Remember seating is general admission on your own blanket or lawn chair.) If you don’t have time to pack a picnic, a selection of sandwiches from Janssen’s Market will be available!
- Show Orientation
- Every night: 40 minutes prior to showtime. Two actors from the production offer insight to the evening’s play and allow time for a question and answer session with the audience.
- Comedy Pre-show
- Every night: 25 minutes prior to showtime. Members of DSF’s College Apprentice Program perform an original comedy sketch inspired by The Taming of the Shrew.
- Children’s Activities
- Family Nights (Sundays). Bring your children early to enjoy various Shakespearean-themed arts and crafts at our Children’s Activity Tent. Tent remains open during the performance!