DSF offers internships for high school actors who are interested in learning more about Shakespeare and being a part of a wonderful Delaware summer tradition. This is an incredible opportunity to get an inside view of a professional theatre company working on some of the greatest plays ever written. In 2017, you can go behind the scenes as DSF creates its production of Henry V.
High school interns understudy the roles in the summer festival production played by DSF College Apprentices. If schedules permit, interns are welcome to attend the three master classes offered to the Apprentice Company. All rehearsals for the summer production are open to interns to attend and observe.
High school interns are asked to:
- Attend 2-3 rehearsals a week for Henry V (June 13-July 13)
- Memorize the lines and learn the blocking for their assigned understudy role, having the part prepared by opening night (July 13)
- Create and perform improv-based Shakespeare entertainments that are part of the pre-show Festival activities
- Volunteer at least once a week during the three weeks of the summer festival (July 14-30)
- Be able to get to Rockwood Park within thirty minutes in case they are needed to perform their assigned understudy role (July 14-30)
- Assist in the distribution of promotional materials
To Be Considered
Download the High School Intern Application. Email the completed form to David Stradley at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications to be submitted is May 15, 2017. Auditions will be held in late May (specific date TBA).