MARKETING & BUSINESS ASSOCIATE
Del Shakes seeks a professional arts/nonprofit associate to support its year-round programming and help the company continue to grow. Specifically, the Marketing & Business Associate will oversee and implement marketing and public relations tasks, develop and implement earned income opportunities, work with a bookkeeper to process all company financial transactions, and, in tandem with the Producing Artistic Director, Board, and other team members, represent the company in various external affairs.
- Oversee and implement marketing and publicity
efforts for summer festival, community tour, bonus programming, special events,
and institutional brand identity.
- Baseline graphic designs skills very helpful (InDesign and Photoshop)
- Provide raw data and inputs to Del Shakes bookkeeper (track payments and letters of agreement, pull financial reports from ticket service and Square, etc.)
- Identify and pursue new or increased sources of earned income, in line with mission
- Coordinate box office and front of house procedures with Associate Producer and House Manager for Summer Festival
- Coordinate with development staff for event planning and implementation
- Assist in maintaining and operating PatronManager database and ticket sales
- Rotate with Producing Artistic Director as on-site supervisor for summer festival and bonus programming
- Coordinate with Producing Artistic Director to represent the company at Del Shakes events, community meetings, and select external affairs
- Assist Producing Artistic Director with implementing and updating strategic plan
- Serve as chief brainstorm partner for Producing Artistic Director
- Currently, this is an independent contractor position (with the potential of an employment position) requiring approximately 16-24 hours a week, with increased time required during the summer festival
- Work at home is an option, but must be in Del Shakes’ office at least 2 days a week
- Current staff uses their own computer with Microsoft Office (Del Shakes office environment is slightly “tech start-up”)
- Position requires flexible time schedule during typical Monday-Friday work hours
- Familiarity with or ability to learn QuickBooks, WordPress, MyEmma, Patron Manager/Salesforce, Dropbox, Google Docs, Gmail, graphic design software, Microsoft Office, and social media platforms a plus
- Delaware residents encouraged to apply
- Flexible transportation optimal
Professional, detailed-oriented, entrepreneurial spirit, self-starter, solid writer, passion for vision of Del Shakes, good-spirited, compassionate, desire to go above and beyond the call of duty. Bachelor’s degree in Arts Management or related field preferred (or equivalent professional experience).
Interested candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org