The Delaware Shakespeare Summer Festival is presented on the grounds of Rockwood Park. The park entrance is located just south of Shipley Road on the Washington Street Extension in Wilmington, Delaware. Use the following address if using GPS or online mapping (please note the I-95 N Marsh Road exit is temporarily closed – see detour information below):
4651 Washington Street Extension
Wilmington, DE 19809
If traveling northbound on I-95, note that the Marsh Road exit is temporarily closed. You’ll need to take a detour; please plan extra time for travel, confirm your route, and use your navigation devices with caution.
From I-95 (driving north)
- Take Exit for 202/Concord Pike South
- Get into turn lane for Miller Road, turn left on Miller Road
- Turn right on W. Lea Blvd
- Turn left on Washington Street
- Make a u-turn at Shipley Road
- Turn right into Rockwood Park
From I-95 (driving south)
- Take I-95 to Exit 9, Marsh Road
- Turn left onto Marsh Road
- Turn right on Washington Street Extension
- Turn right into Rockwood Park, just after crossing Shipley Road
- From I – 495 North or South, take Exit 4 to Edgemoor Road
- Follow Edgemoor Road west to Washington Street Extension
- Make a left onto Washington Street Extension and the first right into Rockwood
Parking is available in the main parking lot located off of Washington Street Extension. The parking lot is well lit and feeds into the walkway to the performance location. The park is also handicapped accessible. Ask parking attendants for directions to accessible parking areas.
There is an Unloading Zone available if you would like to drop off some of your party (as well as picnic items and chairs) closer to the box office. Follow signs or ask our parking attendant for more information about the Unloading Zone.