Delaware Shakespeare seeks a House Manager for their 2023 Summer Festival at Rockwood Park. The House Manager will work in conjunction with the Concessions Captain and Field Captain to coordinate and oversee all Front of House elements.
House Manager responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Load-in for all front of house elements
- Recruitment of daily volunteers
- Assist with daily concessions and field set-up of concessions as necessary
- In conjunction with production team, open the house on-time
- Address any escalated seating or other patron issues
- Facilitate intermission activities, including nightly T-shirt giveaway drawing
- Assist in nightly breakdown of concessions
- Provide daily numbers for concessions follow-up orders
- Weekly inventory
- Bring ice for concessions daily
- Launder Delaware Shakespeare vests and tablecloths as necessary
- Breakdown and strike for all front of house elements
Desired qualifications for an ideal House Manager include:
- Team Player
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Self-motivated, driven and dedicated
- Calm under pressure
- A thorough attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, think quickly and adapt
- Friendly demeanor and good people skills
- Demonstrated leadership potential
- Willingness to work outside in the heat, stand for hours at a time and lift heavy boxes
- Ability to become proficient with necessary technology
- At least 21 years of age
On-Site work dates will be from July 16 to August 7. Information about the event can be found here.
FEE: $1600 – paid as an independent contractor
COVID protocols are available to be shared with interested candidates. At this point, Delaware Shakespeare aims to be a fully vaccinated company this summer. Staff members will need to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19.
Send resume and email of interest to email@example.com.